Click here to go back to the
web site for History 9B.
What is the background of your topic - person or event?
How did your topic affect the people of the time?
How did your topic affect the history of the world?
This time period in England's history was full of events that would change the course of human history. For this assignment you will look closely at one of the topic shown on the timeline we used in class. You will develop a report and an in-class lesson about the topic you chose.
Students will identify and explain the answers to the essential questions listed at the top of this page.
Requirements for your report.
5 paragraph minimum
Answer the following questions:
- What is the brief background of your topic?
- How did your topic affect the people of the time? Use context and explanations.
- How did your topic affect the history of the world? Again, be specific.
You will need to share your report with me, and allow anyone to view it. I will post a link to your report on this page.
NOTE > If you choose another topic not listed below, please get approval for it before proceeding.
Report >> Best practice
- Does the report include at least five well structured paragraphs?
- Does the report answer the essential questions with good, contextual explanations?
- Does the report show correct use of English conventions such as grammar, punctuation, and spelling?
- Does the report include at least two sources? Are the sources cited correctly?
- Does the report include a cover page, a citation page, and page numbering?
- Is no more than 20% of the report directly quotiing source material? Are all quotations cited correctly?
Lesson >> Best practice
- Do the experts clearly know their topic?
- Does the lesson include class members in a learning activity?
- Have the experts created a way for their class members to retain what they are teaching?
Watch out for >> Creating a presentation and reading it to us. Mumbling, shrugging, vocabulary words you don't know, irrelevant illustrations.
Activity Ideas >> Posters, games, quizzes, Kahoots, note sheets, act out, home videos with live action figures, radio interviews, news reports.
Links you will use with this assignment
A copy of the assignment
There is no printed copy of this assignment.
Other online files
Click here to view an updated copy of the PDF timeline we used in class.
Click here for the link to KnightCite.
Roanoke, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Queen Elizabeth, 1, 2, 3
Edward VI, 1, 2, 3
Queen Anne, 1, 2, 3
The Gunpowder Plot, 1, 2, 3, 4
Spanish Armada, 1, 2, 3
1, 2, 3